Anika Heaverlo is a psychotherapist who is dedicated to providing a warm and welcoming environment to process difficult emotions and share in life’s successes and challenges. Anika believes that change is possible, and that through therapy one can discover new possibilities of how life can be different, worth living, and truly beautiful.
Anika enjoys working with adolescents and adults who are struggling with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, healthy relationships, life transitions, trauma, grief & loss, personal growth, stress management, and parenting. Anika has a special passion for working with first-time therapy clients, millennials and young professionals.
Anika’s initial goal is to make her clients feel comfortable and validated. Everything else accomplished will follow from this basis. Anika uses a supportive, direct, and insight-based approach with practical perspectives. She applies this framework to help her client’s cope with everyday struggles and see how they relate to long-standing behavior patterns.
As a psychotherapist, Anika meets her clients where they are at to create lasting change. She offers her client’s space to process what’s on their mind, works collaboratively to build on strengths and teaches coping skills and strategies that allow them to reach their goals.
Finding the right therapist can be challenging and Anika wants to support you in that process—if you’re curious about what working together could look like, reach out to schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation.
Anika obtained Master’s of Science in Counseling from the Concordia University Wisconsin. She holds licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor- In Training, LPC-IT, in the state of Wisconsin and is obtaining clinical hours to acquire her LPC licensure. Anika obtains clinical supervision and professional development to ensure quality care and enhanced learning.
Prior to working at Hillary Counseling, Anika worked in a variety of outpatient settings with diverse populations. Anika has experience working with children, adolescents, adults and seniors of all backgrounds with issues regarding anxiety, depression, grief, behavioral issues, trauma, ADHD, OCD, motivation, and relationship concerns. Anika’s clinical experience also encompasses working with children and adolescents in foster care with trauma histories.
Anika Heaverlo, LPC-IT
316 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 401
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Young Professionals
- Grief and Loss
- Healthy Relationships
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Millennial Therapy
- First-Time Therapy Clients
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Other reasons you might seek my support would be to:
- Find balance in your life, professionally and personally
- Have more confidence in yourself and your choices
- Foster healthier and more fulfilling relationships
- Get help changing thoughts, feelings or behaviors that are holding you back
- Create healthy and sustainable habits
- Stop feeling “stuck”, overwhelmed, or unsatisfied by life
- Let go of past hurts or issues that are negatively affecting your life
- Establish healthy boundaries at work and in relationships
- Feel seen, heard and understood
- Feel more fulfilled and intentional about your life direction and choices
- Create a “Life You Love!”