Kailagh O’Keefe is a skilled and empathetic psychotherapist known for her compassionate and client-focused approach to therapy. She offers a warm and welcoming approach, along with energetic communication and prides herself on helping individuals navigate through their traumas and life transitions with grace and resilience.
Kailagh enjoys working with individuals who are experiencing anxiety, life transitions, depression, relationship struggles, career change, low self-worth, substance use, and eating disorders. Kailagh guides her clients through the process of healing and adapting to difficult experiences. She empowers them to develop coping strategies, build resilience, and create a new narrative that promotes healing and growth.
Her therapeutic philosophy centers around the belief that every individual has the innate capacity for growth, healing, and personal transformation.
Kailagh values the unique experiences and perspectives of each client, providing a safe and non-judgmental space where they can explore their emotions, thoughts, and challenges.
Kailagh received her Master of Science in Professional Counseling from Mount Mary University. She holds licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor In-Training, LPC-IT, in the state of Wisconsin. Kailagh obtains clinical supervision and professional development to ensure quality care and enhanced learning.
Kailagh has over 9 years of experience working in higher education. Engaging and guiding students, and their families, through decision-making, understanding, educational planning, and transitioning into their next step in life.
Kailagh has also presented at national conferences on “changing careers,” and has been featured in podcasts about finding your authentic voice. She volunteers at Milwaukee Pride to help bring mental health to the LGBTQ community.
Kailagh O’Keefe, LPC-IT
316 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 401
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: (414) 522-7512
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Use
- LGBTQIA+ Affirming Care & Support
- Life Changes & Transitions
- Self-Esteem & Self-Compassion
- Stress Management
- Healthy Relationships & Boundary Setting
- Young Professionals
- First-Time Counseling Clients
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills & Communication Skills
- Coping Skill Development & Implementation
Other reasons you might seek my support would be to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Gain greater self-awareness
- Have a safe place to talk about difficult topics
- Manage overwhelming feelings
- Learn healthier coping skills
- Build resilience and be able to overcome difficult life changes
- Be more flexible in how you think and respond
- Resolve conflict with effective communication