Sydney Kunz is a psychotherapist who believes in the power of the therapeutic space. Sydney is dedicated to providing a warm, inviting, and safe environment for clients to express their thoughts and feelings without any judgment. She believes therapy can be utilized in many ways and prides herself in providing a space where clients are able to get things off their chest.
Sydney works with adolescents and adults who are struggling with anxiety, depression, stress management, low self-esteem, relationships, life transitions, sports performance, and trauma. Her passion is to support and guide you on your journey to creating the life you truly desire.
Sydney brings an encouraging, supportive, and down-to-earth approach to therapy. She works from a strength-based perspective utilizing client’s strengths and collaborating to create goals to meet their needs. She also utilizes other modalities and techniques such as mindfulness, grounding techniques, meaning therapy, guided imagery, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and art. Sydney strives to utilize a holistic approach and likes to understand how stress affects our mind and body.
Sydney believes everyone is unique and is dedicated to finding treatment plans, activities, and resources that work best for you to help facilitate change and help you grow.
Sydney received her Master’s of Science in Professional Counseling with a dual concentration in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Rehabilitation Counseling from Mount Mary University. She holds licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor in-training, LPC-IT, in the state of Wisconsin.
Sydney has previous experience in private practice working with adolescents and adults of many different backgrounds, presenting issues, and concerns. Prior to practicing outpatient therapy, Sydney was a part of a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals and individuals at a non-profit clinic for the uninsured, where she provided individual, group, and couples counseling to clients. Sydney also has experience in facilitating group therapy for freshmen in college helping them transition to college life. Sydney is passionate about professional development to enhance her learning as well as the quality of her work.
Sydney Kunz, LPC-IT
316 N. Milwaukee Street, Suite 401
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: (414) 567-8810
- Life Transitions
- College Athletes
- Holistic Counseling
- First-time therapy clients
- Personal Growth
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Art Therapy
Other reasons you might seek my support would be to:
- Learn healthy coping skills
- Challenge and change negative thought patterns
- Improve communication within your relationship
- Become assertive and challenge “people pleasing” tendencies
- Manage athletics and school stress
- Navigate important decisions
- Have a better understanding of yourself and your values
- Create meaning and purpose in your life
- Learn distress tolerance and emotion regulation skills
- Utilize your strengths and gain a positive self-image
- Foster healthy relationships and boundaries
- Heal from past issues that still affect your life today
- Feel more fulfilled in your career