Walk and Talk Therapy in Milwaukee
Have you ever wished you could combine the necessary insights and breakthroughs of therapy with…a walk in the park?
Therapy that utilizes movement has the potential to be powerful and deeply restorative. Numerous research studies support the healing effects of time spent outdoors.
As holistic practitioners, we are enthusiastic about both movement and psychological growth. And amidst our hectic schedules, where solace can be hard to come by, mindful walking can help you get grounded in the present moment, even if we’re talking about events and experiences from the past.
Walking while participating in therapy allows the mind and body to foster an environment of possibility and change. Additional benefits include:
- Nature tends to promote feelings of relaxation
- Exercise is a great “endorphin” boost and leads to improved moods
- Getting “steps” in is a nice way to break up the day and enjoy the weather
- Enhanced feelings of spiritual and inner mindfulness
- Talking with your therapist may feel more comfortable
- Feeling the wind, sun and temperature change outdoors can lead to life-changing thoughts when you’re experiencing anxiety, depression and grief
- Establishing walking and nature as a “healthy” coping skill
Take the first step to relief, and find out how walk and talk therapy can help you.