Your anxiety is lying to you. You are loved and going to be okay.
Counseling for Anxiety in Milwaukee
Anxiety…sucks. If you’re feeling anxious, you’re not alone.
Everyone experiences some amount of stress. Your work demands a lot, your schedule is always full, and you try and spend time with those you love.
But normal stress can turn into anxiety, and that can become overwhelming. The “what if” thoughts bounce around in your head, and never stop. They spiral. Sometimes they make you freeze up, making relationships at work and home a nightmare. Small talk can even trigger anxious feelings. The worry is something you just can’t shake and it’s weighing on you.
Common Anxiety Symptoms Include:
- Worrying all the time
- Feeling restless, nervous or tense
- Constantly feeling like something bad is about to happen
- Physical symptoms such as tightness in your chest, rapid breathing, sweating or shaking
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than your “worry”
- Experiencing panic attacks, disrupted sleep, changes in appetite
Don’t Waste One More Day – Anxiety Therapy Can Help.
The good news is that anxiety is highly treatable. With anxiety therapy, you can go from a highly anxious state to a life that isn’t plagued by worry or stress. At Hillary Counseling, our team of therapists work with both teens and adults to explore and address anxious thoughts. Your therapist will help you understand where the anxiety is coming from as well as teaching new ways of coping to help you manage your anxiety both inside and outside of the therapy room.
Types of Therapy That We Use to Treat Anxiety, Include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (ERP)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Therapy (OCD)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Self-Compassion and Resilience Training
If you’re ready to stop struggling with anxiety on your own, reach out to our team of anxiety experts to help you find calm again.