Be the things you loved most about the people who are gone.
Grief Counseling for Teens and Adults in Milwaukee
Most of us will experience grief at some point in our lives — but that doesn’t mean you have to deal with it alone. Our team of grief counselors in Milwaukee are here for you.
While we usually associate grief with the loss of a loved one, it’s important to recognize that grief can follow all sorts of losses: job loss, break-ups, pets, and any other major life transition. Bereavement counseling can help you make sense of your feelings, no matter which type of loss you’re going through.
Common Grief Symptoms Include:
- Intense and persistent longing or pining for the deceased.
- Numbness or detachment, feeling like you’re living in a “fog.”
- Bitterness and anger about your loss.
- Difficulty concentrating or thinking clearly at work, investing in other relationships or completely engaging in your life.
- Feeling afraid that your memories of your loved one will become forgotten.
- Dreading upcoming holidays, family get-togethers or any other events.
- Extreme focus on reminders of the loved one or excessive avoidance of reminders.
- Feeling that life has no meaning or purpose.
Our Approach To Grief:
We all grieve differently. After experiencing a loss, you might feel broken. However, we’re here to remind you that you have an innate ability to feel whole — and nothing, not even grief and loss, can ever take that from you.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE “FIXED.” AFTER ALL, NOTHING CAN FILL THE PLACE OF WHO OR WHAT YOU LOST. THAT’S NOT THE GOAL OF BEREAVEMENT COUNSELING.
Through the utilization of the Five Stages of Grief, we will address your reactions to grief and will meet you with compassion and a safe space to process and reflect. Honoring the entirety of your grief experience will help you move forward in your life. That doesn’t mean forgetting the person, place, pet, or experience you lost; instead, our holistic approach to bereavement counseling will help you integrate your grief rather than letting it consume you.
Our therapists will help you identify, understand, and develop effective methods for coping and managing your grief during a time of loss, change, and transition. We use an integrative approach allows you to release unhelpful thoughts, find coping strategies and make room for what serves you instead.
Grief can be lonely to travel, but you don’t have to do it alone.